A SpeeDee look at everything you need to know about oil changes!
Why does your vehicle need oil?
Your vehicle is powered by an internal combustion engine (unless it’s fully electric), and that means lots of parts moving incredibly fast. Those parts generate a lot of heat and friction. Engine oil lubricates those parts, lessening friction and ensuring the parts run smoothly without overheating.
Why do you need to get your oil changed?
Vehicles need to have their oil changed because those
fast-moving parts break down the oil, making it far less effective at cooling and lubricating the engine. Also, moisture and contaminants can build up in the oil and potentially damage your engine. New oil gets everything running as it should again.
How often should you get your oil changed?
That answer isn’t as simple as it used to be, and depends on a lot of factors like what kind of vehicle you drive, how often you drive, and/or in what conditions you drive. Checking your owner’s manual for guidelines is always a good idea, and late-model vehicles often come with oil life monitors that will signal when it’s time for a change. The basic rule of thumb is that you should have your oil changed every 5,000 miles or as directed by your owner’s manual. If you’re not sure, a SpeeDee Performance Certified technician will be able to provide you a more definite answer.
What’s included in a 17-Point Oil Change?
Regular oil changes help keep your vehicle running smoothly. But why stop there? With every oil change, SpeeDee will also give you a 17-point inspection and make sure your filters, fluids, belts, and tires have a clean bill of health.
- Oil Change with National Brand Oil
- Install New Oil Filter
- Lube Chassis*
- Check and Top off** Transmission Fluid
- Check and Top off** Differential Fluid
- Check and Top off** Radiator Coolant
- Check and Top off** Power Steering Fluid
- Check and Top off** Windshield Washer Fluid
- Inspect Battery Fluid and Top Off*
- Visually Check Brake Fluid Level
- Inspect Air Filter
- Inspect Cabin Air Filter*
- Inspect Wiper Blades
- Inspect Belts and Hoses
- Check and Set Tire Pressure
- Clean Front and Rear Exterior Windshields
- Reset Oil Light
- Free Top-Off Service
* Where applicable ** Up to 1/2 Pint
Get upgraded protection and performance with our high-grade oil change services:
- High Mileage Oil Change
- Synthetic Blend Oil Change
- 100% Synthetic Oil Change